Saturday 13 May 2017

Best of the 80s. Hot Wheels 1987 Toyota Pickup Truck.

I still remember how delighted I am when I pick up the last piece of HW Showroom 2013 beige Toyota Pickup on peg when I started my collecting game. I am born in late 70s and fancy anything 80s.

Shortly after I see another black variant stapled card in my local grocery store in Singapore. Just some background on these stapled cards which are mainly imported from China. Our local shop keeper will usually staple around 36 pieces on a board hanging on their store front for kids to pluck. Been a “carded” collector back then I dismissed it and that was the last black pickup I ever seen.
Along the way I get most of them and a couple of Back to the Future Series for Real Riders swap. They look fantastic! And this is no exception with the latest Mail-In series I got.
We all know Mail-In was exclusively for the USA market and collectors worldwide will pay a high price to resellers including me for a free car. This year is an exception. It all started with the Mail-In Datsun 510 Bluebird. On 28 Jan , Toy “R” US (TRU) in Japan announce you can actually redeem one in store with a minimum spent of 3,000 yen (USD27) . This similar TRU promotion goes to more Asia Regions to Malaysia and Hong Kong last month. I really hope Singapore will be next.
Here’s one that I got from Tokyo. The Mail-In always has a “trademark” Zamac finishing and this is a plus point for the Pickup. It looks rugged and I love the Star Real Riders (RR) Wheels on it. It goes along perfectly with the Datsun 510 with killer details. No doubt this 1987 4X4 Pickup is my most favourite Mail-In along with my Corvette Greenwood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment