Sunday 26 November 2017

Hot Wheels ’95 Mazda RX-7 with Garage64 Wheelset

I remember my very first few customs was a Hot Wheels Mazda RX-7. So I was very excited when Hot Wheels announced they are going to release the ’95 Mazda RX-7 for the upcoming 2017 P case.

That’s an awesome casting with twin turbo chargers and a powerful rotary engine. But being located in Singapore we are always far off than U.S.A and Malaysia markets when comes to the latest release. When the P case was released last month I was very happy to have the mainlines “Then & Now” pair especially the ’95 Mazda new new model.

Thankfully I was able to get the Kmart exclusive pair from Diecast Toyz Singapore & an extra set from my buddy from the North as well. I have also recently got a set of limited edition Garage64 wheelset from Diecast Toyz Singapore as well which I intended to use for this casting. 

Hence when I picked up the latest 2018 A cast ’95 RX-7 from the news stand last week which is still not in our retail stores. I fitted them with Garage64 Wheelset and some simple add on carbon fibre decals with additional details. This is something interesting about Hot Wheels mainlines. I believe they have a certain quota to maintain the production cost. 

For the P case and Kmart they printed front and rear light tampo but because of some designs on the 2018 “Initial D Redsuns” inspired RX-7 these lights tampo are missing. As I keep my customs simple for these RX-7 with just decals and markers I left it AS-IT-IS. After 2 gloss coats with fitting shoes they are ready to roll! 
I have uploaded a video on Hot Kustoms Youtube Channel as well. Please subscribe to my channel for more updates. Enjoy the photos.










No comments:

Post a Comment